- Students must have an acoustic piano or full size (88 keys) digital piano with velocity-sensitive keys and damper pedal in their homes.
- A metronome is necessary.
Because music is an art form to be shared with others, two recitals will be held each year. Participating in performance opportunities is important for musical growth and is expected in this studio.
- Saturday, Nov. 13, PPMTA’s Ensemble Festival
- Saturday, Feb. 12, PPMTA’s Winterfest
Other Performance Opportunities
- Competitive Sonatina Festival: Mar. 5-6 (Students play 3 memorized movements for a judge.) Winners play in recital on Sunday.
Students are expected to practice 5-6 days per week. One long practice session is not effective.
- Practice time should equal lesson time. (45 minutes practice for a 45 minute lesson)
- Practice very soon after a lesson when what has been covered during the lesson is fresh in one’s mind.
- If you are going to be absent for a lesson, 24 hour advance notice is required or refunds will not given.
- If I have cancellations in my schedule I will use that time to make up lessons that week but do not guarantee that will always be possible.
- Please inform me of upcoming absences as soon as possible. (719-360-7202)
- If you are late to your lesson, I will teach the remainder of your allotted time.